1. Each team must fully complete and submit an entry form and release form, along with entry fee.
2. Each team entry is allowed 4 team members with one designated Cajun Cook.
3. Set up is between 7:00 am and 9:00 am day of event in a designated 10’x10’ cooking space. All teams are required to be on site by 9:00 am.
4. Mandatory Cajun Cook meeting is at 10:00 am.
5. Each team member will be provided a wrist band for the 2020 Conroe Cajun Catfish Cook-Off.
6. Electricity and water will not be provided.
7. Friends of Conroe will provide all supplies for public tasting. (spoons, cups, napkins, note card, and pencils)
8. No outside alcohol except for that which is intended for competition use.
9. No selling or distribution of alcohol by participants/teams.
10. No one under the age of 21 may consume alcohol. Any team caught breaking this rule will be automatically disqualified.
11. All food must be prepared from scratch. Pre-cooking of rice, however, is allowed.
12. Cooking for each category much be completed and ready to serve 15 minutes after designated turn in time for public judging.
13. Each team must have team name prominently displayed for the public.
14. The Cajun Cook is ultimately responsible for the 10’x10’ cooking area including: set up, teardown, safety, keeping area clean at all times, and cooking.
15. Teams are responsible for disposing of trash in designated area.
16. Teardown may begin after public serving has completed at 6:00 pm.
17. Each team must have a mandatory table top sign stating the type of etouffee they are serving.
18. Contains SEAFOOD must be displayed on any table where food being served containing seafood and/or seafood stock.
19. Only patrons with appropriate wrist band may be allowed to taste appropriate food.
20. Leftovers are the responsibility of the team.
21. Ingredients may be pre-cut and brought to the event.
22. Judging container will be provided for etouffee. No rice is to be included in the turn in of etouffee to be judged.
23. Judged Items - turn in enough in box to feed 15 judges
24. Each team is required to prepare enough food for public tasting.
25. No vehicles will be allowed in the event area after 10:00 am until after the public has cleared the area after 6:30 pm.
26. Teams must provide all of their necessary equipment.
27. No outside beer or alcohol will be allowed except for competition purposes.
28. Competition alcohol cannot be served – no exceptions or tolerance.
29. Southern Star will have beer for sale to cook-off teams at SPECIAL discounted rate during check-in. Limit 1 case of beer/person per state law.